Wednesday 7 May 2014

Cops for cancer

I am so incredibly proud of my munchkins! Out of all the participants in the assembly today, we had 8 just from our class alone! 3 of our girls cut their hair off and one boy shaved his head! Plus, another four dyed their hair! Talk about brave! A.A cut her massive ponytail off! LM.W. cut her beautiful curls off! T.D. Cut her adorable pigtails off on each side and S.S. shaved his whole head! Then, B.F. dyed his hair blue and green! E.F. dyed hers pink streaks! E.I. dyed hers purple (I told her I would shave my head if she shaved hers. Thank goodness she said no!). Finally, S.F. dyed hers half pink and half green! I think I have the most amazing class!

There were some really interesting things that have come out of this. We had so many wonders happen due to this assembly. First, S.F. was wondering why they had "Subway" written all over their clothes. Others were wondering how fast the children's hair will grow back. 

We also had the student who raised the second highest amount of money in our class! LM.W. Won two subway gift cards for all the hard work she did. This perhaps will lead into another discussion.
Amazing job, Awesome Possums! You have worked hard, been brave, and shown how much you care about fighting cancer and helping support others!

Here are some of our other munchkins who participated in this amazing cause!
Our little minions in the frozen yogurt eating contest. It was hilarious because they were so enthralled with watching the other children that they actually didn't even eat theirs! 



No comments:

Post a Comment